Scripture Case Pattern

Friday, September 30, 2011

I got a hat!!

Last night was the very last thing I had to go to complete my graduation requirements.  Graduates had to decorate their own table, showcasing themselves.  Employers came around and we had to basically just sell ourselves (in a very non-sexual way, might I add).  Since I am not really looking for a job right now because of FREAKIN' AWESOME opportunity that I have received (more on that later), it was pretty lame for me.  I had to keep turning down employers. :/ At the beginning of the "portfolio show", we received our new chef coats that have our names on it (fancy stuff...) and then at the end there was a hat ceremony where we received our chef hats.  We were informed as the ceremony began that we had to say a few words about how awesome culinary school (most particularly, the Art Institute of Salt Lake City) is.  Lame.  Anyways.  Here's some pictures of it:

My sweet-a table



Here are the pictures of my food that I printed up and showcased:
rhubarb sauce, savory bread pudding, roasted wild mushrooms, scallions, rhubarb chip

deconstructed BLT: sourdough bread froth, roasted tomatoes (red & yellow), pork belly, roasted wild mushrooms tossed in aioli, kale chip

sous vide cauliflower puree, scallops, green apple, cumin veloute froth, caramel chip w/ ras el hanout spice, microgreens

scallops & shrimp in spicy mixture stuff, wild rice mixture (I  really don't remember much about this one, but it was goood)

a quenelle of lemon-basil sorbet and tomato sorbet,, honey-roasted tomatoes, blackberries, streusel

red & golden beets, sliced artichoke heart, date puree, cranberry puree, jalapeno vinaigrette

beet ravioli - ricotta cheese filling

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, YUM. How exciting! Will you be my personal chef? Delish.

Jenifer said...

It was fun to be there last night to see you get your hat. Your table presentation was the best one there. Congratulations!

Erin and Paul Anderson said...

I don't know how all that food tastes, but it sure does look gorgeous!

Whitney said...

I love your hat.