Scripture Case Pattern

Monday, February 28, 2011

Lame Boyfriend

I once dated a boy who kept telling me that a woman's job is to entertain their man, have babies, and work in the kitchen.  He also told me that I better not let myself get fat after I have babies.  What a loser.  For years I've been trying to prove him wrong about a woman's role, and so what do I do?  I choose a career path that would put me in the kitchen, I have two kids, and I love to make my husband happy, especially through food.  But through these years of trying to be more than what he said I was going to be,  I've become more independent, confident, and fulfilled.  I've pursued things that I probably never would have; I've accomplished more than I could have wished; and I made sure I married a man that was all for me reaching my full potential and not expecting me to wait around on him every second of the day waiting for an opportunity to please and entertain him.  I married a real man. (I love you, Tim!!) So, take THAT loser ex-boyfriend!

5 comments:

Erin and Paul Anderson said...

What a goo! The sad thing is.. that loser probably got EXACTLY what he wanted. Too many girls think the same way he does... too many.
You go girl!

jennifer a said...

What a loser, seriously. You really have accomplished so much, and I'm so glad you have a husband that appreciates that! That lame ex totally missed out -sucks for him!

Whitney said...

I love you. I love Tim. I love food.

Tim and Lara said...

oh ya girl! I love this post. good riddance to the ex and glad you are so happy! you have accomplished a lot!

Aubs said...

I cannot wait for the day to say that! Even though many of them have already missed out... SUCKERS!