Scripture Case Pattern

Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference/Easter Weekend Projects

I procrastinated getting Easter baskets made this year, so on Saturday, I ended up having to whip out 4 baskets.  And since I trashed my house with sewing stuff, I decided it was a good time to make my mom a rice pack and make me some dinner napkins.

Tutorial found HERE
I used up a bunch of my scrap fabric.  Every side is a different fabric since I didn't have enough of one kind for the entire basket. I like it better, anyways. I had some extra birds, so I stuck them on the kids' baskets. Tim, of course, chose difficult upholstery fabric for his.

Tutorial found HERE
I made myself one a couple of years ago. My mom is always cold, so I made her one, put some cloves in it so it wouldn't smell so strongly of rice, loved it so much, I remade myself one and put cloves and cinnamon in it. Yum.

I've been wanting to make a set of linen dinner napkins (the napkins are 20" big) for a while now and finally got around to doing it.  I'm trying to figure out if I want to hand-embroider something in the corner.  I sure love mitered corners. They're so crisp and clean looking.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Ugh, quit being so crafty. I'm so jealous of your talent!

Ali said...

You are so talented! You make it sounds so easy...just whipping them out. Love the baskets and I could sure use some napkins like that, however I am not so talented.

The Fords said...

you're so crafty! I love it! I love making stuff too. I really LOVE you're easter baskets. HOpe you had a Happy Easter!

Terri said...

Hey, I want that napkin pattern. You're inspiring me to resurrect my sewing machine.