Scripture Case Pattern

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Little Improvements

Space in our kitchen is limited...very limited.  We have awkward sized drawers and cupboards and barely any counter space.  We finally did something about it... 

Spice racks for the walls with aesthetically pleasing spice jars
Racks from IKEA
Jars from Crate and Barrel

I wrote the name of the spice in permanent marker on the jar.  It washes off with soap and water.  Ever heard of the grocery store, WinCo?  It's pretty amazing.  You can buy spices in bulk.  To fill one of the jars with a spice costs about $1 or less.  It's alteast 1/3 of the price of McCormick spices.  Pretty cool.


Paper towel holder from Bed, Bath & Beyond
LOVE this paper towel holder.  You only need one hand to tear the paper towel off. 

All together now...

We've had a chandelier in our basement for a couple of years now.  It needed some welding done and most importantly it needed a light fixture, chain and canopy to be installed.  Tim finally was able to find a place that would do all of the above. It's got beautiful brass detailing and shell inlay. Love it.

Chandelier by Oly

6 comments:

mizkylie said...

You are so creative, I love what you do. I called you yesterday. I need to ask you something. Call me when you have a spare minute.

Lindsay said...

Wow, your house is gorgeous! Fun little improvements make such a difference!

Whitney said...

Oh man... can I totally copy you? I hate how we don't have counter space and I need to have a beautiful kitchen like you.

Nicole Marsh said...

I was looking for spice jars and those are perfect!! It looks great.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Love the spice racks and I'm glad you got the chandelier up. It all looks awesome.

Stringfellow Family said...

So dang cute Tricia! I wish you could come decorate my place!
MIss ya!