Scripture Case Pattern

Friday, February 5, 2010

I caved...

I did it...I joined Weight Watchers again.  I did it after I had Gavin and lost 34 pounds. I got below my pre-pregancy weight and got back to my pre-birth control weight.  My body likes to find any reason to gain weight while my mind is trying to find every way to lose it.  :( I got on birth control a few months before I got married and almost instantly put on 20 pounds...before the wedding...after I got fitted for my wedding dress...awesome.  So, I've been able to lose 10 pounds on my own with just diet and exercise and have kinda plateaued so I tried doing Weight Watchers on my own at home, but kept failing.  I kept coming up with lame excuses for eating things I shouldn't or not eating enough of anything because I'm too scared to consume any calories for fear it will make me gain (when I don't eat enough, my body also holds onto anything I do eat and therefore gains weight...see! Told you...my body finds ANY reason to gain weight.  I lose.), so I decided I needed to throw a bunch of money into it so that I'll be more accountable for my weight gain/loss.  Do you know how hard it is to eat that much food?  On the scale, I can see that eating more is helping me lose weight, but it is a mental struggle for me to consume all that food.  Obviously not consuming enough wasn't helping.  But still...food scares me and has led to some not so healthy/good lifestyles that I'm still fighting. I need to get over that.  So far, so good, though.  I only have a little bit to lose anyways...nothing compared to the 34 pounds I had to lose after Gavin.  So hopefully by my birthday, (crossing my fingers for sooner than that, though), I'll be back to my normal size and be able to go buy a lot of hot clothes for my new hot body and have a super hot birthday.  It's all about being hot...oh, and healthy.

1 comment:

Teandra said...

Bodies are wierd. Here's an article that my friend posted about metabolism. It's very interesting and gives you a formula to figure out how many calories you need a day just to function and tips on how to use your metabolism to lose weight!

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/metabolism-hacks?ecd=wnl_fit_012910