Scripture Case Pattern

Thursday, November 5, 2009

THE Pioneer Woman

Some of you may know who Ree Drummond is of thepioneerwoman.com. She is an awesome writer, hilarious, gorgeous, and amazing at cooking, photography and homeschooling. Oh, and not to mention...GORGEOUS! She just came out with her very first book/cookbook and came to Salt Lake last night for a book signing. My friend, Whitney and I went. We were too late to get into the venue to hear her speak :( but we did wait 5 hours to get the book signed. We were one of the last in line, but whatever. PW brought her mother-in-law and sister-in-law, Missy. I didn't talk to the MIL but I did talk to Missy. She was trying to convince me to go natural with the birth. She said she was able to convince Ree to do it on her 3rd and said that Ree may complain and talk about how horrible it was but in reality it wasn't really that bad for her...she's just exaggerating. Missy also tried to convince me that I would forget all about the pain almost immediately afterwards. She said the pain isn't that memorable...I don't know about that. I think I would remember quite well the pain of pushing a child out of my crotch. I don't see how that could be forgettable.

6 comments:

the MuLLinS said...

TRICIA! Haha you kill me. I also don't see how that could be forgettable... but that's me. I think women who are able to and want to do that are wonderful! I also think women who get epidurals are wonderful- I will never think anyone who pushes a 6-10lb human BEING out of their CROTCH is EVER anything BUT WONDERFUL!! So. Do whatever makes you happy. There are no trophies given for having a natural childbirth and frankly, I'd chose a nice happy comfortable pain free delivery over a painful hard delivery any day, but I say live and let live and do what makes YOU happy. There. How's that for my childbirthing sermon? Aren't you lucky you got to hear it.

Whitney said...

Yeah... out of your crotch! FUNNY!
Thanks for going with me! I can't believe we waited 5 hours, at least we got steak fries out of it, right?

Lindsay said...

Holy cow, I'm so jealous! I love the Pioneer Woman! That's awesome! And wow - MONDAY??? That's exciting! Good luck with everything!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Fun! I'm jealous. My friend Jenny texted me to see if I wanted to go to that with her (obviously I couldn't). She's not coming anywhere near these parts on her tour. Glad you got to go, so fun!

tamir said...

LOL. OOOh yes yes yes go natural! It is the best experience ever. And the pain....totally worth it....and forgettable! I'm already planning on doing it the next time! LOL. I don't imagine I persuaded you...so maybe your next kid??

Courtney said...

My epidural didn't work, the pushing part didn't really hurt, the contractions part was what hurt me. You could totally go natural, you are a strong woman, plus I hear the recovery is easier. You can walk to the bathroom on your own, it was nice to be able to walk right after having Rosalie.