Scripture Case Pattern

Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, Gavin!!!

Oh man, I love this kid SO much! We seriously got so spoiled with him. From day 1 he's been the best sleeper. We've never had a problem getting him down for a nap or at night. He LOVES his sleep. I love how opinionated he is when it comes to what Tim and I wear and how I do my hair. He loves to pick out Tim's shirt and tie and does an amazing job getting them to match. If Tim is wearing something that Gavin doesn't think looks good, he'll let Tim know and then go and find him a different tie, and without fail, it always is a better choice than what Tim picked out (and Tim doesn't have bad taste at all, Gavin just has better taste). He hates it when I put my hair up in a ponytail. He will seriously break down and cry until I put my hair down. He'll tell me, "No, mommy! Don't fold your hair up! I like your hair down!" and after I put it down, he'll run to me, give me a big hug and say, "You're such a pretty girl! You're beautiful!" He sure knows how to work it. He loves shoes, just like his dad...especially girl shoes, but don't let that throw you off. He is ALL boy (with a little bit of class, like dad). He sure knows his cars. He can tell you what almost all of his toy cars are...Aston Martin, Bronco, Mustang, Jeep, Mini Cooper, Bug, etc. He loves to help Tim with all the manly work he does around the house. He loves to pretend he's a dinosaur so much that we now have to tell him he can only do that in his bedroom, otherwise, he won't act like anything other than a dinosaur at home, out in public, in nursery...everywhere! He still loves wearing his green boots. He loves girls so much, it's almost scary. The other day he asked my mom and me to take him to fabric store. He said, "I want to go to the faggot (he can't say 'fabric') store and see the cute girls and say 'Hi cute girls! What your name is!?'" At church, he asks us if he can go see the cute girls that are playing in the isle. We'll let him and he'll go up to them and just stare. It's so funny! He loves to hold theird hands in nursery and spoils them with hugs. There are multiple girls in the ward that claim that Gavin is their boyfriend. He's already a heartbreaker. He's an amazing big brother. He can't get enough of Kade. We woke up this morning to Gavin in our room loving on his baby brother. He says Kade is his best friend and he is always there to put a binky in Kade's mouth whenever he cries. I sure love this boy! I am so glad he was sent to our family. We couldn't be luckier!

6 comments:

the MuLLinS said...

Wow! What a cutie. Happy Birthday Gavin!

tamir said...

how sweet. happy birthday!

Phil and Ashlee said...

he is so stinkin cute! I love him

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Happy Birthday Gavin :)! We love him too!!! Give me a b-day hug from us (and remind him of who we are!)

Tim and Lara said...

cute! can I please please please have one like him? or at least as good of a sleeper?!

Whitney said...

He's the cutest, and we love to watch him at church.