Scripture Case Pattern

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday

I'm not a huge shopper. It actually depresses me...especially when I've still got my post-pregnancy figure. What's the point of buying anything cute that isn't going to fit me in a week or two (hopefully that's as long as it would fit me). So, for Black Friday, I locked myself up in my mom's house and crafted away. We wanted to get blankets and crafts done before she had to go back to work after having 2 weeks off to help with the bebe. We made frosted looking candles (thank you Martha) and finished a Christmas quilt (HERE) that I talked my mom into buying the kit for. I don't have pictures of the quilt, so you'll have to click on the link to go see it...BUT, here is our candle making process! Exciting, I know.

The ingredients: (candles are a must, but I didn't post a pic...sorry)

FIRST-paint the Mod Podge onto the candle
SECOND-roll the candle in Epsom Salt
THIRD-let dry
FOURTH-decorate!


What did YOU do on Black Friday??

4 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I shopped til I dropped, then worked til I dropped again...but wished I had made some of these candles too :) So cute.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, those candles are so cute! They look amazing! What a fun craft! I'm going to have to try that one for sure! Thanks for the idea!

Whitney said...

I shopped in the morning (but not the EARLY morning). And then... I don't remember what I did because it was too long ago. I'm sure that kissing Tyson was involved.
P.S. will you be our date for the company x-mas party on Saturday?

Anita said...

so cute Tricia, I am going to have to try this out. Hows the baby?