Scripture Case Pattern

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sneak Peek #2

I'm making Gavin a comforter for his new bed/bedroom. I made the quilt top in about 5ish hours...maybe a little less. The pattern is Turning Twenty...Again. All the Turning Twenty patterns use 20 fat quarters. It was super easy to cut out and put together. I still need to add a border on it (it will be brown) and then get the backing and batting and hopefully this Saturday it will be ready to take to the quilter's so she can do some fancy stuff for me. I'm also going to make Gavin a matching pillow with his name on it. I got the pattern off of YouCanMakeThis.com. I love the font for the letters. I'm excited to see the finished product!

Now...for all you baby mamma's that want something from Petunia Pickle Bottom for only a fraction of the price...Their Fall Outlet Sale starts October 13 and ends on the 21st. It's best if you preregister HERE AND it's also best if you do your shopping on the very first day right when the sale opens...that stuff goes quickly.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

I knew it! Ugh... only 5 hours? It would take me weeks and it probably wouldn't be very good at the end.

DMC Studios said...

Ca-ute! Tricia lish you are so crafty! And you do it really well-what do you mean you need a skill? You got like a hundred. Nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, reupholstering skills, quilt making skills...PS you should make a cake again. I like those.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

It looks SO good! It even reminds me of Gavin...so it'll be perfect for his bed :) Can't wait to see the finished product. I definitely need some sewing help, bought the machine and that's about as far as I've gotten :)

Melanie said...

Oh... my gosh! I am laughing so hard right now at that video (below). I always knew I loved your craziness :-) I miss you. Why didn't we ever do a video like that? OH wait, I didnt' even have a digital camera freshman year! Love ya. PS How's Kitty? HOw is she anywayz?

Jenny said...

You are so talented! I love the colors you choice for the quilt, super cute!
PS-I think you make a cute pregnant lady and I dont think you look fat at all.