Scripture Case Pattern

Monday, October 19, 2009

Dang Swine Flu

Because of this whole H1N1 ordeal, Gavin can't come to the hospital to see his new baby brother. :( We don't get to have that first family picture in the hospital bed. I'm so sad about that. I'm also not allowed to have more than two visitors at a time, and that includes Timmy. So if his family wants to come visit, he has to vacate. Lame!! Luckily I don't have anyone that would want to visit me that is under the age of 14, or they couldn't come either. I'm really frustrated with these new rules. If they didn't count the husband as a guest, it would be a lot better...that way I could have both of my parents AND Tim in the room after the baby is born. I'm switching Drs and hospitals right now! Well, maybe...probably not, but the thought has crossed my mind.

8 comments:

tamir said...

have gavin there when you deliver...theres nothing against that.

Tricia L said...

Anyone 14 and under isn't allowed on the maternity floor at all. Right now there are only 4 hospitals (all IHC) that have these protocols and of course mine is one of them...

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Well I was going to come visit...guess it's not worth it now :) haha. Wish I could! But hopefully we'll see you a month later.

Lindsay said...

Holy cow, that's pathetic! Gosh, I'm sorry. It was fun to see you guys at Costco! But yeah, that's way crappy, I'd be ticked about not getting that first family photo too. Bummer.

Sarah said...

Jordan Valley is like that too, and this morning when I was making my 4th attempt to get an H1N1 shot by standing in line in Provo, the girl in front of me who is due in Dec. said all the Utah county hospitals have the same rule. So stick with your Dr., you are screwed no matter where you go. By the way they WILL give pregnant women the shot in Provo (unlike SLC who will only give it to kids 4 and under) if you want one.

tamir said...

Aww that does stink. Have your baby at home then! LOL! Just make friends with a midwife within the next month. =)

Charlotte said...

I hadn't heard all of the new rules. Really crazy! Don't they know that you are contagious for 2 days before you exhibit symptoms and 7 days after you stop having symptoms? Forgot... CDC isn't releasing that info. Only people doing research on the vaccines know that. In other words, unfortunately we are ALL going to get it!

the MuLLinS said...

Aw Tricia, I totally understand your being frustrated! I was SO worried about the same thing, we had a friend here that delivered a week before me in a hospital that didn't allow anyone under 12 to visit (even siblings) and it made me so so sad! Our hospital didn't want anyone visiting under 12 but immediate family was the exception. Sounds like it's going on everywhere and while it sucks KILLER bad not to have that sweet family picture in the hospital bed, at least they're doing everything they can to make sure that baby of yours doesn't catch anything nasty. You gotta be grateful for that! Try not to let it get to you too much, and seriously? If it's just too hard, have someone try to bring him anyways, see what they do. ?