Scripture Case Pattern

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Physical Therapy

I was finally able to go to Physical Therapy yesterday for my back. Things have been getting so much worse with my back problems this pregnancy. I can't even go for a walk to get some exercise in, or I'll be flat on my back the rest of the day and then up all night from pain. The PT taped my back up, realigned my hips and my wonderful things happen. I got back tomorrow so Timmy can learn how to tape me up and I'll get a medical grade maternity belt to keep my hips from loosening too much from the pregnancy and also to keep them aligned so that my legs are both the same length again. None of these big bands of elastic that you get at maternity stores...this thing is wonderful! YAY! Maybe I'll come out of this pregnancy with size 2 hips, eh?? I'll just keep telling myself that.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

That sounds intense. I had hip pain while I was pregnant, but I didn't have to go to physical therapy. You must be dead. Now my back needs to be popped all of the time for me to be able to move, I think I should see a chiropractor. Pregnancy really messes with your body, but it is so worth it.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I had bad problems during pregnancy as well and what worked for me even better than the physical therapy was massage. If there's a good one in your area that works on pregnant women (not all do) it may be worth trying, I got amazing results for a lot less money than PT. Good luck with it all. Back pain added to pregnancy is the WORST!!!

Gary and Renee said...

I have a full body boppy pregnancy pillow if you want to borrow it -