Scripture Case Pattern

Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Secret Best Tomato Sauce Ever

Literally, Tim and I spent the entire day, yesterday (9 am to 10:30 pm), canning. I share my mom's garden with her (I'm really nice like that) and we grew a butt load of tomatoes this year so we could can all kinds of beautiful, tomato-y things, like our secret tomato sauce that you could just eat by the bowlfuls.

Here we have our tomato sauce boiling down (by the time we're ready to can it, it will have boiled down an additional 1.5 inches or so) and then some beautiful caramelized onions.

We spent the first 3/4 of the day roasting the tomatoes and then pureeing them up with all the other ingredients. There are some beautiful pictures of the mess on my mom's camera that will come shortly. This picture is after we had cleaned up a bunch. After last night, we ended up with 18 jars of My Secret Best Tomato Sauce Ever. That's just after the first wave of tomatoes that we got...there will be lots more to come. Don't worry, I can't possibly eat all that on my own, I'm so nice that I'm splitting it with my mom, and then if I still have some to spare after the tomato season is over, I may just share some with some special friends.

P.S. Don't miss my post right underneath this one...you'll regret it.

2 comments:

Ali said...

My mouth is watering. I LOVE family secrets - they're the best!

mizkylie said...

Hows about you let me sample some??? ;)