Scripture Case Pattern

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lacking Creativity

I am not a very artistic/creative person, so decorating is so over my head. I have no idea where to begin. I can't even figure out what might look good, so here I am asking for your help and advice. I have a console table in my living room. It's been there for a while now and it's been collecting toys and some plants that I haven't figured out a place to put yet. This table needs some help...I need some help. As of right now, the only thing I can think of putting on it are some apothecary jars. Please tell me, what else would look nice on this table? As you can see, there's also a shelf underneath that things can go on. I don't know if this would make any difference, but the top of the table is antiqued mirror. PLEASE help me!
For all of you that live in Utah, you need to go to Lone Star Taqueria on 2265 Ft. Union Blvd. in Salt Lake. They have the BEST fish tacos ever. If you think those sounds disgusting, it's because you've obviously never had one. They were spotlighted on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives just because of their fish tacos. Tim and I went there on Friday and it was even more heavenly than the last. I swear angels were singing as I took my first bite! New to the menu was a fish burrito, so Tim tried it. OMG! That was to die for too! The thing that makes this food so amazing is the green ranchy looking type dressing they have for their fish tacos/burritos. Mmmmmmm.... This picture of the outside doesn't do it justice. I took it on my phone as I was heading back to the car, so it's a bad angle. It's got the coolest atmostphere and decorations. Love it!
And here is what heaven looks like on a piece of tin foil:
Tim cannot believe the beauty before his eyes
Oh man...I NEED another one of these right now! Rice...beans...lettuce...spiced salmon...some new and mysterious pink sauce...and of course the green sauce! This is what dreams are made of.
We also ordered some chips and salsa. I don't remember their pico de gallo ever being so hot! It's their medium sauce and it was only a touch milder than their hot sauce...if even a touch. I had snot streaming down my face and ice cubes on my tongue. It almost ruined my meal! Do you see all those seeds?? They left ALL of the seeds in from the jalapenos! Gah!!
GO TO LONE STAR TAQUERIA!!!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

OMG! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! Tyson is always begging me to drive up there for dinner. My family and I have been going there for 10 years and we all LOVE it! Fish tacos are the best and I love the rice and beans! SO GOOD!

Lindsay said...

I have zero creativity as well. However, I LOVE fish tacos and I have never been there...I am so going. Are the fish tacos spicy? I don't do spicy very well, but I am now dying to try those little pieces of heaven. Thanks for the tip!

Tim and Tricia Layton said...

Lindsay, They aren't spicy at all, which is why I love them so much. They're beautiful and perfect and divine and sent straight from heaven. They're money well spent.

Whitney, you beat me, I've only been a fan for 6 years, but once you go, you're a lifer, huh?

The Arthurs said...

ah! i love love LOVE decorating! i would love nothing more than to be able to decorate 24/7! okay...here goes. keep in mind that i have no idea what the rest of your living room looks like, so i am just winging it here!
first of all-does the color match the rest of the room? i would suggest painting it a darker color to make it pop more...right now it kind of blends into the wall. i love that the top is an antiqued mirror! if i were you, i would hang a mirror above it on the wall too, so that you can really tell. then when you are choosing decorations, choose ones that would look good reflected back--i love the apothecary jars. or actually, better yet, some jutes would look gorgeous. i would decorate it one of two ways: 1) have a large focal point, and smaller accent pieces or 2) a large plate/bowl in the middle, with the rule of 3s applied to the sides in varying heights. for the bottom shelf...i think some large books stacked neatly would look really classy. this piece has a huge open area, so you want to close it up a little so it doesn't get swallowed up in the wall. i'd paint your pots and put one of the plants down there as well...i think also a rectangular basket would look awesome.(then you could hide some toys or whatever in there too!)

okay, i know that was ridiculously long. sorry. let me know if it didn't make sense, or you want more clarification. or even if you just hated it, and want another idea!

Chase & Cait said...

i agree with a large focal point being needed. Something like one of those giant pictures of the virgin Mary. Then you need to put candles all around it, you know those long one that come in those decorative jars?

:)
jk I would put 2 big baskets under it to hold toys/magazines, whatever.

that food looks amazing too!