Scripture Case Pattern

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I feel AWESOME!

I don't want to turn this blog into pregnancy following, but that's all I have to post about right now. I'm not kidding, the second I hit the 5 week mark, morning sickness came on strong and along with it this time was heart burn/acid reflux. The heartburn would make my nausea SO much worse and between the two I could barely eat and even drink. Knowing how awful my last pregnancy was (9 months of basically living bent over the toilet), I immediately called the dr. for some medicine. Last time I took Phenergan. It was AMAZING, but it would knock me out for about 6 hours a day, so I asked the Dr. for something different. She perscribed me Zofran (the stuff they give Chemo patients for nausea). It is stronger and won't make me sleepy. AWESOME! Well, I took it, the nausea, throwing up, and heartburn all got worse. I was even more miserable. So, yesterday I called and asked for some Phenergan. I feel AMAZING now! I've been SO thirsty and now I can drink all the water I want without getting sick. I have an appetite and as long as I don't sit down and do something nonstimulating like watch TV, then I can stay awake. I'm also taking Prilosec for the heartburn and that's doing wonders also. I may just make it through this pregnancy afterall. It's weird that the Zofran didn't work for me when SO many women have said that it was a miracle worker, but then again, my body almost never reacts to medicine the same way that the majority of the population's does. Or maybe the pharmacist gave me a placebo. Jerk.

6 comments:

DMC Studios said...

YAY for feeling better!

Lindsay said...

Dang, that sucks. It scares me to get pregnant again. I think with the first one, you don't know what to expect so you just expect the worst. But then with the second one, you know exactly what to expect and I think that's why I get freaked out a little. Good luck with everything, I hope you feel better soon!

the MuLLinS said...

I completely agree with Lindsay- the thought of getting pregnant again scared the pee out of me. But here we are... I am SO glad you're feeling better!!! That really makes me so happy and I will have to recommend the Phenergan to a few ladies I know. Take care Trisha and bebe.

mizkylie said...

I have tried both of those medications. They both worked for me, I was put on Nexium for heartburn during my pregnancies. Anyway, I am soooo happy for you!

Charlotte said...

Zofran didn't do anything for me either and my insurance didn't pay for it. Worst waste of $150 ever! Glad the Phenergan works. Sometimes it helped me enough that I could keep down enough water that I didn't have to get I.V.'s, but then I also couldn't go to work, so... Crazy that I got pregnant so many times! It's all worth it, though =)

Whitney said...

Yikes... if this is what pregnancy is like, then maybe I don't want to get pregnant soon...