Scripture Case Pattern

Monday, March 30, 2009

Cashew

1. Whoever said working out helps morning sickness is a liar.
2. If you want to fix your sleeping problems, get pregnant. You'll be tired enough for a nap and for an early bedtime
3. Supposedly this baby is due the day New Moon comes out, or the day that is otherwise known as “Gavin's Birthday”. In the words of Tim's manager, “Do you guys only do it once a year?” Seriously...
4. Gavin has informed me he has a baby sister in his tummy. When asked what this baby sister looks like, he told me she is “blue with red on it”. Sounds like she'll be a looker.
5. By the way, Gavin and I are 6 weeks pregnant.

At one point during the ultrasound, Tim felt the baby looked just like a cashew. It doesn't so much in this picture, though. It looks more like a little poo.
That soup that I posted below makes me want to barf every time I think about it and see it in my freezer or on my blog. GROSS!!! My morning sickness was coming on strong the day after I made that soup. I got up in the morning and went down to say bye to Tim and saw the soup in a container he was taking for lunch and I about threw up everywhere.

12 comments:

tamir said...

Congrats! woohoo! We're only 3 weeks apart. I'll agree that the soup was looking a bit gross the other day...but I still want some.

Well, hope you don't barf as much as you did last time! Good luck!

the MuLLinS said...

Wooooowww!!!! AAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I just love this!!! What a cute little cashew. Poo. Whatever. I am so happy for you!!!! I am so sorry you're feeling crappy, but hey- come on down and join the club lady! And Tamir- I am 3 weeks further than her too! Are we going to have twins!!? Fun. FUN FUN FUN. Oh this is so garbled happy gibberish. I love you! Congratulations! Get well soon!!

mizkylie said...

YAY! I am happy for you guys! Congrats!

The Arthurs said...

I know I already said congrats on Facebook, but I can say it again, right? Congratulations!!! We are so thrilled for you guys! I hope your morning sickness goes away quick though. That is never fun!

Phil and Ashlee said...

Yay, I love your blue with red on it cashew/poo already . Sorry you already have morning sickness :( BOO

Whitney said...

Congratulations!! This is so exciting for you guys! HOORAY!! And I won't forget your due date, because that's our anniversary. Special!

Nat said...

Oh Tricia, you probably have NO recollection of who I am, but we played ages ago in D.C. with my friend, Jessica Hatch. I must say, I absolutely love your blog! Never in my life have I ever been more inspired and entertained. And Gavin has grown up so much since the little kicker I knew him as in D.C.! Good luck with the new little one and thanks for writing such an awesome blog!!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome! Sorry you've been feeling crappy! That is so exciting - what a cute little cashew! Good luck with everything and feel better!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

SO exciting :) I am such a fortune teller! haha. I guess you're allergic to cashews, hope you feel better soon.

Tim and Tricia Layton said...

Natalie, I do remember you! Just the other day I was asking Jessica how you were doing. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Charlotte said...

Congratulations! Emmaline and Oliver were both due July 4th. Emmaline was 2 weeks early and Oliver was 3 weeks early. YIKES! I know it sounds gross, but my midwife and I swear by very thinly sliced deli meat wrapped in half of a cheese stick. It won't make you feel much better, but it will help you quit throwing up. Wish I had the magic cure, but I do have a few tidbits. Of course, I usually throw up until the day I deliver, so maybe you don't want tips from me!