Scripture Case Pattern

Monday, February 23, 2009

Working Out

I've only excerised three days so far, since I got the DVDs on Thursday and was out of town Saturday and Sunday, but I have noticed a few things.

1) I have a lot more energy during the day. Lately I've fallen into a slump. I haven't wanted to do anything except sit at home (literally, sit, I didn't even want to get up to cook, clean, play with Gavin...NOTHING). I was just so tired and maybe even a little on the depressed side. Just by getting up and exercising a little, I felt so much more energy and the desire to do other things than just sit came back pretty much instantly. It's crazy.

2) I am much more eager and motivated to do things.

3) My sleep is much more restful. I haven't really been able to tell if it helps me fall asleep better because of the crazy weekend I've had. Hopefully I'll be able to see some difference the next few nights.

4) The video is a lot easier than the first day I did it. It's still hard and will get me sweating, but I can hold the positions the entire time and I'm not shaking as bad. Maybe in a week or so I can bump it up to the next level!

5)I've remembered why I love yoga so much! Since I can't dance anymore, yoga really is the next best thing. I feel it working my body in similar ways that dance did, even though I'm practically stationary in yoga, there are still a lot of similarities. I used to take yoga classes and I absolutely loved them. I've been looking into local yoga classes. Hopefully I can find something good.

4 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Good work! It really is amazing how much better you feel when you work out. It's like food, your body needs it! Glad you found something you like too. I miss yoga, if that's a good video I might try it out. I'm not quite good enough to just make it up as I go.

DMC Studios said...

Que Bueno. That is so great! I do turbo jam on video. When you get bored of yours we should swap for a week or something and cross train. Ha. I bet you'll sleep way better.

Lindsay said...

Hey Tricia! This is Lindsay (Driggs) Neff! So I was TOTALLY blog-stalking and I just found your blog through Jenny Saunder's! Your little Gavin is so dang cute! I'm so glad I found you guys! How's life going? You should email me and I'll send you an invite to my blog! If you have a second, you should send me your address to lindsay.driggs.qipc@statefarm.com. Awesome! Talk to you soon!

Whitney said...

If you find a local yoga class, I will totally do it with you! I don't know what the heck I'm doing and I need a teacher to tell me how to do the poses correctly. Also, I love that you are so into your DVDs. I got out of the habit and now it is REALLY hard to want to start it up again. But I need to, because I feel so much better when I do workout.