Scripture Case Pattern

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blah

I am so sleepy, yet here I am blogging some more. I JUST finished a cake for my cousin's farewell tomorrow morning. He's going to Italy. His dad is grew up in Italy and his mom served her mission in Italy also, so it's really cool that he was called to serve there also. I'm still such a terrible procrastinator. I thought that it was just a bad school habit, but no, it carries on into everything I do. It's 1:00 AM Sunday morning, and I'm just finishing. I wasted my time making that quiet book all week instead of working on something that actually had a deadline. That's what I do best!
I wish I had good cake decorating writing like my sister-in-law, Taryn. She's got AWESOME handwriting such as in right HERE. Oh well! Even my regular handwriting is a little on the sloppy side. I used to practice my writing, trying to achieve what comes so naturally to most girls, but to no avail have I been able to achieve it. At least I know that it could be worse, like in THIS picture. The cake supposedly says, "Return With Honor", at least according to some translation site I found. We'll find out tomorrow if it's actually correct! Anyways, I think I need to go to bed now...seriously.
***Post Party...The translator was correct. I figured the only Italians there would be my aunt and uncle. I didn't realize my uncle had family that lived in the state. haha! So there were a handful of Italians there. Luckily the site I found gave me a correct translation.***


4 comments:

Chunk N ME said...

You have such sweet cake decorating skills! :) P.s. Chunk served his mission in Italy too! :) and someday, we're going back there because I said so! :)

The Arthurs said...

I LOVE your cakes! I really wish I had your talent! Did you take a class? If so where? If not, can you teach me?!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

It looks awesome, seriously. Your handwriting looks perfect. But thanks for the props anyway :) Glad it turuned out well. I like the flags on the sides too.

Charlotte said...

Looks awesome!