Scripture Case Pattern

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back to School

I have been looking into Culinary School for the past 4 years, and now I'm finally doing something about it. Up until last August, Utah had only one culinary school and that was at the community college. I didn't want to go there because they only had a 4 year program and I had already done my four years of school. A few weeks ago, I was doing some research on Pastry school and saw that Utah has a Pastry school at the Art Institute! I started the application process and before I knew it, I was having an interview with the Assistant of Admissions yesterday!!! SO EXCITING!! I went to the open house they were having on Saturday so that I could come with a list of questions. The interview went REALLY well. I've been concerned that I wouldn't be able to work schooling out with having a kid and wanting to have another baby in the near future, but come to find out, almost all of their culinary courses are taught in both the morning and the evening! Evening courses are from 6-10! How perfect! Some of the courses I can also take online (like the sanitation class and other lecture classes along those lines.) They have the option of getting an associates in Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry or I can get a BS in Culinary Management. Their program is accelerated, also, so for an Associates, I could get that in 16 months and BS can be done in2 1/2 years! As of right now, I think I'll just do an Associates in Culinary Arts and take the advances Pastry and Baking classes on top of it and then I can decide if I want to just go ahead and get another BS in Culinary Managment. I've basically been accepted, I just need to finish up the essay on the application and send in my money. They'll then get my transcripts from BYU and set me up with a finicial aid advisor to figure out all the money stuff! I AM SO EXCITED!!!


Gavin found the DVD case to The Grinch the other day and has been watching every day now. He repeats almost EVERYTHING the Grinch says. It is soooo cute! For those of you who don't know, The Grinch is bisically my favorite movie. It seriously makes me sooo happy! I LOVE Christmas and The Grinch makes is even better! I'm so proud of him for choosing the best movie EVER to be his favorite! GO GAVIN!!

6 comments:

the MuLLinS said...

Wow Tricia, good for you!! I am so impressed and you are a great inspiration to get up and 'just do it'! Keep us updated on how everything goes, I'm so happy for you!!

Stringfellow Family said...

"I'm going to DIE!! I'm going to throw up and then I'm going to die"

Stringfellow Family said...

"Oooh, Aaah, Ummm. That's it I'm not going!"

Stringfellow Family said...

Ring- Ring -Ring-Ring
"Hello?"
"Is your sub-zero gibilitator running."
"Well yes I think so."
"Well then you BETTER CATCH IT!!!"
HA-Ha-ha-HA!
"OOh that's a good one! That's rich."

Okay Okay enough with the qoutes but Tricia that was our favorite! We would sluff school and go to your house and watch it!

The Everett's said...

Culinary school would be fun! I hope it works out!

John and Melanie said...

Tricia, my long lost friend!! Thanks to Mal and Kenz and their efforts in blog surfing, we've all found each other. Although Allison R.doesn't have a blog, I do have her email and phone #. I'm very glad to hear that your adorable son takes after his mommy's love for the Grinch. If I remember correctly, you were watching that during finals week... in APRIL! You crazy lady. Glad to see your life. Gavin is stinkin cute and congrats on Culinary school.