Scripture Case Pattern

Thursday, September 11, 2008

One Last Project

Ok, so I guess I'm on a sewing kick. I couldn't resist all the cute fabrics and patterns at The Material Girls Quilt shop. I LOVE it! There are some AMAZING fabric designers out there. Heather Bailey was the designer of the fabric I used for this apron. I used Amy Butler's fabric for the scripture case and Anna Maria Horner's fabric for the purse. I think this is the last thing I sew for a while. Gavin is getting mad at me every time he sees me go near the sewing machine. He yells, "Momma! No! Sit here!" and points the couch! haha! Poor kid.

Cindy Taylor Oates made the pattern for the apron. When I saw it, I HAD to make it! Tim keeps saying he wants me to wear this, and only this...and maybe the red high heels he saw some lady at church wearing. I had a fun time making this. It was my first time making any kind of clothing, so it was a huge learning experience.



4 comments:

the MuLLinS said...

Tricia!! Stop!! The cuteness and creativity is almost too much. LOVE the apron, and SO had the same idea just recently!! You need to send me some patterns/ideas!! Good job girly!

Ben and Jennifer said...

So stinkin cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the apron! I may need to go on a sewing kick myself.....!

Phil and Ashlee said...

Tricia! Oh my gosh! you are so fun. I wish I was as crafty as you. I want the purse and the apron.. love you!

Bryce and Cecily said...

Tricia just make me something :)