Scripture Case Pattern

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Books



I've been reading a lot lately...trying to pass the time until the new Twilight book comes out IN A YEAR!! I've got a long way to go and a lot of books to read, I guess. I just read the Uglies series. It's pretty sci-fi and I'm not a huge sci-fi fan at all. I really like the first two books. They were really interesting. There's a lot of hidden meaning in the books. It bashes how our society is a lot. It's pretty political, but VERY interesting and fun. I didn't really like the third book. Scott Westerfeld completely changed the main character from a hero to someone that I despised and didn't want to read about at all. There's a fourth book in the series I haven't read that is from a different person perspective. After the third book, I just didn't feel like reading it. But, the first two books were really good. I would recommend them. But be warned...they're a little out there, so if you choose to read them, have an open mind.


Ok, so I'm addicted to reading right now. I bought this book last night ("Just Listen" by Sarah Dessen) and I finished it this afternoon. It's definitely not an action or suspense story. It's so real (That's the best I can describe it...real). It's about a high school aged girl and all the struggles she's going through. It teaches the importance of having a good balance between listening and talking. Everyone has their own problems and always needs someone to listen to them. There's a cute little love story in there, but that's not what the book is based around. I really can't explain how wonderful this book is. I think every young adult/teenage girl should read this. It has some powerful messages in it. It's definitely not a cheesy story. PLEASE READ IT!! I really can't describe this book without making it sound sucky, so just take my word and read it. I'm about to read another called "Crank" by Ellen Hopkins. I'll let you know how it is.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

First, I love the pictures!! Second, the Uglies series is next on my list after I finish a few other books I've picked up in the last few months, but I'm very excited to read it. Third, your room isn't done yet so we didn't take pictures, but in the hallway picture, you can see your door on the left. Don't worry, it's waiting for you guys!!

Anita said...

Gavin is so cute, Great pictues... I cant believe how much you read.I just love it. I will have to check them out. See you soon, really...

Natalie L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie L. said...

Hey, you probably don't remember me, but I am one of Jessica's friends that you hung out with in DC two summers ago. I totally understand the vacancy Twilight has left in you- if you enjoy vampire stories I suggest you check out, "The Historian". Its not a love story, but its good! Hope life is treating you well!

tamir said...

Tricia, it's Tamir. I cannot believe you are dissing Specials. The whole Uglies series is a favorite and I was even Tally for Halloween! I'm hurt you weren't satisfied. But I'm so glad you at least liked the first two! W00t!

Missy said...

I just finished reading those books and can I tell you that I am in love with a Vampire!! I am going to be first in line for the movie!!