Scripture Case Pattern

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Finger Pictures

  ***WARNING! Very gross pictures!***
For the full update, go HERE.

This is about an hour after the accident.  That is nor a finger nail you see...it is the nail bed.  The fingernail was pulled completely out.  The majority of the damage is on the side of the finger that is on the gauze.  On that side the bone is exposed and it is torn down almost to the knuckle, so about 1/2" is gone.

This is my finger on ice.  You can see the full nail.  Who knew that our fingernails go so far under the skin!?

This was halfway through the reconstructing procedure.  I didn't dare look at my finger before this part. If it was grossing Tim out, I knew it would definitely freak me out.  He informed me that he could see the bone and that blood was squirting out with my heart beats.  He said that he didn't realize how accurate horror movies are with the squirting blood.

This is when the doctor started to attach the nail.


No comments: